• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zaai

Registered
Im Planning on upgrading my computer from

p4 1.9ghz
Intel 845GRG

to
Athlon 3000+
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard

is it worth it to upgrade?what I mean is can i feel the changes?Specially in gaming

yes you will. a left out piece though is what video card are you using? cause you might still be limited by the gpu now instead of the cpu.

yea the 3000+ venice are awesome. but iono about that mobo. are you going to overclock? me switching from p3 550mhz to amd64 3000+ is freaking fast!! amd for life! haha

ah.. nice anyway im using ati radeon 9600 pro. yea im also planning to Oc it. Wow nice I wish i'll really feel the difference. thanks guys for helping me out.anyway if you guys have any suggestion on motherboard just post it here.i want some pro advices !viva ocforums! :cool:

adriana said:
DFI ultra-D or Epox 9NPA+

The motherboard he mentioned is a s754 one so i'm assuming he's getting a s754 3000+ venice? Zaai, you might want to think about going s939 at least and if that already was your intention then you should look into a different motherboard. If you want to keep your current gpu (although an upgrade there would be very beneficial as well) then you'd need an nf3 board or maybe the asrock 939dual-sata2. And then if you were going to upgrade your gpu, id definitely go with what adriana said for an nf4 board. If you did want to go s754 then i'd probably look at the nf3 offerings from dfi, abit, or asus.

is this good motherboard? MSI K8NNEO2-platinum nForce3

Zaai, yeah sry, GPU = graphical processing unit, what was said above. Basically I meant video card. Were you willing to upgrade your video card? And which socket did you intend on getting, s939 or s754?

DJCorpse said:
Zaai, yeah sry, GPU = graphical processing unit, what was said above. Basically I meant video card. Were you willing to upgrade your video card? And which socket did you intend on getting, s939 or s754?

I wont upgrade my GPU unit coz of lack of $. Anyway im planning to go for s939. can you recommend good mobo? thnx

I recomend the asrock also. It's a good cheap 939 board that will do agp or pci-e video card or both at the same time but not sli/crossfire. I use mine with a cheap agp card and a pci-e raid card on a file server.

Back