• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$25k Opteron 170 --- wowzers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterwoot

Tankguys listing an opteron 170 OEM for only $25,711.20. They're back ordered though. :(

I hope these perform as well as the price indicates... :clap:

Oh, here's the pic if they've fixed that 'lil typo.

25kopty.png

In any case, this "boo-boo" gets Tankguys a free advert. They're great. I'll gladly do business with them again and again.

MW

I've not gone w/ ChiefValue before. I know I may pay a few extra bucks at Tankguys, but that gets me steppings I want. :)

Newegg's listing opty 170's for $399.
Monarch's listing opty 170's for $394...

I've found the prices are usually all relatively close--usually w/in 1 or 2% of each other. What matters most to me is reliability and product selection ( including steppings for cpus).
I've been so impressed with Tankguys I'd wager that if I did buy a 170 Opty from Tankguys through the automated system at that $25,711.20 price, they'd laugh real hard when they found out I did it and then they'd contact me first about the error, refund the balance, and still get me the Opty :).

I got one before they ran out, and this thing does everything.
Dishes
Laundry
change oil

hahah yea, the same thing happened with our 165 OEMs. It's turned off now :D

I think something happened when I was updating our 146 for our sale again, I ran a whole price update and someone the model numbers of the OEM's got crossed to some other insanely priced item. Ah well, thanks for catching it... but you know, if you still wanted to buy an OEM opty from us at that price, I'd be cool and cut you a deal for only $20,000 :D

TankGuys said:
....if you still wanted to buy an OEM opty from us at that price, I'd be cool and cut you a deal for only $20,000 :D
Wow, that would be quite the savings!

$416.20 now at the site. That's like 98% off the "original" price. Woooot! Gonna buy a couple now. :)

Those other sites don't even have 10% off.. :(

Back