• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1900GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
metloaf said:
Does anyone know when the X1900GT is supposed to be available for retail? Or any specs on on it? :sn:

I've never heard of this :( is there such a thing? :shrug:

This is what the Inquirer has to say about it:

X1900 GT should be available with a shipping date of May 1st, in ten days from now. The suggested retail price is $249 so this card is definitely takes X1800GTO place but, beware, availability will be limited so get one as soon as it is listed.

I tend to question The Inquirer's articles, but they have been pretty accurate on Video card info as of late.

I was just curious because i haven't seen a whole lot on the net about this card, but from what it looks like it should be out by summer.

According to the Inq (get your salt ready), it should be available on the first and in limited quantities. Preorder prices are around $400 and if it doesn't fall much below that, it might be an indicator that some will unlock to XT's ($250 for an XT would kill sales from enthusiasts in any other sector, but on the same token would steal a lot of 7900GT sales IMO).

Looking at specs other than the pixel shader count, in current and older games it should perform roughly the same as the 1800GTO, so if you end up going for one, I would wait for benchies and I don't think I'd pay much more than what the 1800GTO is going for now (and certain GTO's will unlock for sure making them the better deal).

The X1900GTO is a different core and not just a crippled R580 core. It will be an 80nm part (RV570) due out much later this year so I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

it still seems like the X1800XT with 512 mb of ram is a much better deal than anything else out right now, price vs performance. I might as well just stick with one of those. :)

Back