• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #23

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 23th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!! :)

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

WarriorII

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I think it was this past August, 2005

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
No, nothing special.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live in Glendale, Arizona. It's right next to Phoenix, where several other members live; to my surprise.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I've been around a while, and heard it about it from other members early on. Even got into it a little then, but my system couldn't hang.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
Mom. And to help others live a longer life if there is any chance I can help, by doing this.
I guess it's having the hope of a better world.

What do you do for a living?
I'm in the Air Force. I did 10 years in the Army and then got smart. :)
Use to have it in my sig..."If I told you...I'd have to kill you." :p

What do you do for fun?
I use to Drag Race a motorcycle years ago, 9.2 seconds in the quater mile@ 142mph.
I mess with R/C cars. I like messing with computers.
I enjoy building things with my hands.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I still play CS with the OCForums Team-
http://www.ocs-overclockers.org/index.php
Cheap Plug. :D

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Last machine build:
A64 3500+AMD Winnie, DFI Ultra D, 1 Gig Corsair TCCD 3200XL 2x512's, 6800 Ultra (up until 3 days ago) Hand buit case ( Seen Here ) -another shameless plug :D
D-Tek WW,Ehiem 1048 pump, Chevy Shuvette HC, ½" tubing Hand made ½"copper "Y".
I'd say it's my Fav because I built it from scratch.
Not a store bought beast, Something I did. And my 1st case build. I use it everyday to surf, play BF2 & CS:S on it about 3 hours a week or so.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
Right now I run 1 Borg. AMD XP2400, 512mb DDR I had laying around, in my old case. Has a PEP66 and a YS Fan on it. Look it up in cooling guide off the front page. Here (shameless plug), I'm also trying to put together my 1st Intel system. An 805 DC, 2 gigs of PQI 5400. Still trying to get parts together for that one.
I also use the wifes pc, part time, A Dell, Intel 2.54 Celly, with my `ole BH-5 in it. 2x256

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Right now I'm trying to finish my Senior NCO Course, after that I'd first like to start on a 2 year degree, Then in 2010, I retire. Hard to believe.
Then I'll find a little job some place, and just enjoy watching my daughter grow up and spend the time with my family.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I just want to say, that the Folding Room is one of the absolutely BEST rooms in this Fourm!
I've made more friends and enjoyed the comoradery in here than any where else on this board. I've been able to speak to and actually meet Members. It's a Great Place. :) Feel free to PM me, even just to say "Hey" .
I'd like to see more machines come up on the Team.
Stop STEALING our Folders for "Other" DC projects! ;)

WarriorII said:
Stop STEALING our Folders for "Other" DC projects! ;)[/color]

Hehehe...I assume that was directed at a handful of us.

LOL

not quite 'stealing'. Just borrowing a machine or 2 from each person to do dual-duty with a couple of DC programs we found that use very little CPU.

BUT... good interview, and i hope you finish what you have set out to do there, warrior!

Good to meet you WarriorII.
You've helped to make this forum a place to enjoy and thanks for covering our butts while we play on these computers.

Nice to meet you Warrior and thanks for the help a time or two. :)

WarriorII: What do you do for a living?
I'm in the Air Force. I did 10 years in the Army and then got smart.

I salute those of you that are or have in been the military, especially those who have made it a carreer! :)

WarriorII: Use to have it in my sig..."If I told you...I'd have to kill you."

My wife used to joke that way when she was asked what she does for a living. We now live in a bedroom community of Washing DC here in Northern VA where when you meet people at neighborhood functions it's just understood that you don't ask what they do for a living. ;) The topic of conversation never gets around to anything to do about work.

WarriorII, nice to meet you and TKS for the being interviewed!! btw, I'll check out the oc CS site and will looking forward to play with you guys in the future!! (haven't play CS:S for a few months lately....used to play 20hrs/week when it was out :p )

CJ-5 --> yeah, I live in Maryland (Silver Spring), I know how that is! :p

Great interview.

Warrior lives about 10 minutes from me. We have gotten together a couple of times. He is a great guy and always willing to help in any way possible. He has helped me through a myriad of issues.

It's great to meet you, WarriorII, and I want to thank you for taking the time to do the interview so that we can know you better. I also agree that the Folding forums really rocks and this project has definitely led to some good people all over the world that I can call friends. :thup:

EDIT:Thanks for the linkage to your case you built too. I've been thinking of building a separate case to hold radiator, reservoir and pump if I decide to watercool my main rig and you've given me some idea of what I might encounter doing that. :thup:

Last edited:
since you have been in the army and airforce you should appreciate this joke my dad told me ( he was a navy man)

instructor walkes into the classroom, In the classroom there is an army guy, and navy guy and an airforce guy.

Instructor asks "please explain how you would secure this building" and points to the board where there is a picture of a building.

ARMY: well we would send up advance scouts, get the lay of the land, send in some special forces and back them up with ground troops.

NAVY: We would bombard the area for 2 days straight then send in the marines

AIRFORCE: We would lease with an option to buy at a discounted price.

he used to think that was hysterical

Great interview! Can we see more of them please? :)

I was very impressed with the custom case design Warrior, I used to do Design & Technology which meant messing around cutting up metal and wood and gluing stuff together with electronics. Was tedious but a lot of fun too.

What's this "folding room" you speak of?

Back