• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the Big Typhoon Blow Up or Down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeepguy_1980

I am considering a big typhoon for my setup. But I am curious if it blows the air down towards the mobo or away from it or if it's bi-directional.

I ask, b/c I have a case fan right above my proc that pushes outside air into my case. I don't want these two fans fighting against eachother.

I ask, b/c I have a case fan right above my proc that pushes outside air into my case

Mount fan blowing towards mobo to take advantage of your intake fan on the side panel.

You could reverse the fans for test purposses. If you get bored on a rainy day.. :D

i have a tt bt, and had to get a lot more case cooling to make it very effective, because it is so big it blows right on my side panel.

I have the BT too and I am looking at making a duct to feed cool air to the fan. It is currently just cycling air off of the intake blowing across the dual 7600's and I dont really like it blowing exhaust from them to try to cool the CPU.

I just need to figure out how to attach the duct to my side panel and have it somewhat securely interface with the HS.

lol lovin the tupperware. make sure to test ur temps with the fan both blowing towards and away from the mobo. i noticed a 3 degree drop w/ my xp 120 fan blowing away.

Back