• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safest and best Download manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

heys alls,

i have a 10/2mb connection through cable. now i want to get the most out of it...but i've noticed i cant do that with firefox or IE. so i dl'd a few progs..the best one was DAP(full version)..it wuz very fast hitting speeds of 950 sometimes(i live in europe..this is alot forme :) )...but i soon discovered that DAP was carrying this:
win32.email.worm.anker.q

now yall go google that up.. but the thing is now that i havent found any download manager taht has the same speeds. n e one know a good one?

I'm pretty sure the max speed is more dependant on your connection and its current load than the download manager. :shrug:

khiloa said:
I'm pretty sure the max speed is more dependant on your connection and its current load than the download manager. :shrug:

actually... download managers CAN make a difference, depending on where you are getting things from. They help you by optimizing the routes your data is coming from, and even will go out and find multiple mirrors of the same file,a nd get data from each mirror in differing amounts to help out the speed.

i just haven't used them since i went to DSL (1.6mb down, 192k up) from dial-up because generally, what i want to download only takes a few minutes anyways... and a 30 second-1 minute savings of time on that isn't much difference. HOWEVER.... saving time on something like a huge download (a linux ISO for example) DOES make a difference.

I never saw the need for a download manager. I use Opera most of the time, and if a unexplained power failure or OS lockup stopped the download, you can restart or RESUME the download on the Opera download tab.

itshondo said:
I never saw the need for a download manager. I use Opera most of the time, and if a unexplained power failure or OS lockup stopped the download, you can restart or RESUME the download on the Opera download tab.

I totally agree. And downloads in Opera are not blocked liek they are if you a DL manager

Plus Opera starts dling it the second you click it. So by the time you figure out where you want to save the file... if its only a MB ofr 2 its done before your ready LOL

Back