• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8T Neo FIS2R reporting Vcore wrong, or setting vcore wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirRealist

I have an AMD 64 3000+ 2Ghz Newcastle, and the proper vcore for it is 1.5v

In the BIOS, when i have the vcore on AUTO, it reports it as set at 1.472v

When i set it to 1.5v it reports as 1.472

When i set it to 1.525v it reports at about 1.5v

So, do you think that the reporting is correct and it is just setting the vcore .25 lower than set,
or
do you think that the mobo is reporting it wrong and its ACTUALLY at 1.5v when set to AUTO and 1.5v?

Also, i think there is a max vcore for the vcore setting at 1.55.. i havent started ocing yet, but ive been seeing people setting their vcore to OC my chip as high at 1.65. Is there a way to get the mobo to go that high if i want to?

I've set my vCore to 1.55, but the motherboard reports that the vCore is only 1.52

Is there any way to get my K8T Neo FIS2R to get the vCore higher? Ive got some really good cooling so heat is not a problem, i've got my 2.0GHz 3000+ up to 2.3GHz with 12hrs of Prime95 error free, but i KNOW i can get more out of this processor if i could up the vCore...

any ideas???

Yeah this mobo is a strange duck I never really worried about what it reported as far as cpu volts just took it to 1.55v and left it there.

The only way that I know of besides maybe a custom bios is with a v-mod which you can find over at vr-zone. I never got around to modding mine but thats what I would be doing if you want a decent overclock.

Back