• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop is dead.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amoroso

Not the battery, tried the laptop without battery directly connected with AC adapter... No go...

Screen lights up, I see the backlight is turned on, but no text appears at all. It doesnt show anything, it just stays a black screen. On the initially boot up, it must beep like 10 times... My harddrive was acting up before, and I did a defrag and it stopped...(about a month ago) and now it looks like it stopped completely... so where do I go with this. Okay replace harddrive... but how do I install factory settings and BS like that. Sigh... what a day.

hmm can you get it to work on an external screen?
perhaps the cable is loose within the laptop
whats the model number?

Which cable?

I will see if I can get it to work on another screen tommorow when I get the chance... seems like the screen doesnt even light up... I hear fans however... sigh.

maybe you can find the beep code in the manual....

the cable d94 is reffering to is the cable that runs from your lcd to your graphics card. on some rare occasions the cable can get pinched in the hynge and break or become disconnected from the board.

also I had a freind that had exactly the same symptoms and it was a bad ram stick. integrated graphics cards usually use system ram and in my freinds case the part of the ram that went bad was being used by the graphics...

Sorry for the delayed response, been very busy with school.

This seems interesting... I switched up my memory sticks I have 2 x 512s = 1gig (bought them recently) in their slots.

Start it up... and it works...

Okay... I switch the ram up again to where they were originally in their slots where it was causing me an issue... start the comp up again... and it works???? Im confused here. What could of caused this? Bad ram? But it works now when I switch them up... Also I have 1 gig and it reads as 960, but Ive been told the Graphics card is dipping in that honey pot.

Someone help me out here cause I dont know if I should through my orignal 2x256s, the laptop can handle up to 1 gig so I dont know...

Thanks guys!

Gremlins! I'd be happy that you are up and running.

As far as the memory goes, I'd use the 1 gig- extra memory is always a good thing.

Back