• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G-PHoRCe

I'm about to get a laptop as a desktop replacement. I came across 2 acer laptops that fit my budget and seem to have enough power and battery life to allow me to do everything from gaming to DVD playing (on a trip).

Acer TravelMate TM4404WLMi AMD Turion 64 ML-34(1.8GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB 120GB DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive ATI Mobility RADEON X700 NoteBook - Retail

OR

Acer Aspire AS5672WLMi- XP Home Intel Core Duo T2300(1.66GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB 100GB DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility RADEON X1400 NoteBook - Retail

they both around the same price which make it harder for me to decide.

please comment.

Ive got a Acer Aspire myself a 1522 WLMI 3000+ Athlon64 and my father has a different Acer model also.. The laptops are fantastic quality and well worth the money they ask for them.. The keyboards are a little tappy but I find that noise reasuring as I dislike silent keyboards.
The battery life however most certainly is not as good as Acer state and I know for a fact that the 4404 WLMI Travelmate is the same... They are optimistic in general by about 35 - 40 minutes from my experience maybe a little more depending upon what you are doing.

I would go for the second one. The core duo will be faster, and so will the video card.

I agree Core-Duo is a better card. The X700 is a better video card by a bit, but less features. If you are gonna be gamming on this, I really can't recomend either. What is you main purpose?

Back