• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmt391

It started happening yesterday, i would randomly get bsod's while just surfing the web on aim ect...(or when i was gaming)

I couldnt read anything on the blue screen bc it went away too fast

it was happening frequently and i have no idea why

The rig i have has been running great for about 2 months now so whats my problem?

I havn't oc'ed anything yet(I'm ordering some new cooling soon)

anyone know whats wrong?

btw I've scanned for viruses, adware and spyware, and i've also opened my case to check if anything was loose/unseated ect..... everything was fine

right click on "My Computer" > Properties > Advanced > by "Startup and Recovery" go to "Settings" > uncheck "Automatically restart"

That should let you read the BSOD.

Have you reseated the RAM? That could be it, or it could be defective. Reinstall your video drivers as well, those and defective RAM have may have been the cause of the majority of BSODs I've seen.

yeah, are you OC'd? cause if you are you gonne need to turn it down, let the ram chill out more and maybye up it's voltage

I'd look at the voltages in the BIOS and with a multimeter- your PSU may be on it's last legs.

Also, make sure the fins of your CPU heatsink fan is not clogged with dust - this can cause the cpu to overheat due to lack of airflow.

jmt391 said:
So whats my problem? anyone know whats wrong?
How could we possibly know what the problem w/ your system is when we don't even know the first thing about it? If you'd like to see constructive responses to your question, then at the very least we need to know which OS you're running, including SP installed if any. If you're running either XP or W2K...

Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click a couple of the newest crtical errors you've received (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Last edited:
redduc900 said:
How could we possibly know what the problem w/ your system is when we don't even know the first thing about it? If you'd like to see constructive responses to your question, then at the very least we need to know which OS you're running, including SP installed if any. If you're running either XP or W2K...

Open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click a couple of the newest crtical errors you've received (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Copy and paste (use the "Copy to Clipboard" button under the arrow butons in the Event Properties" window) a couple of the latest critical error messages as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

sry

well my system is in my sig and im running xp pro with sp2(sp2 was alredy on the disc)

and thanks I'll look at some of my critical errors from yesterday

but none of the errors i have are in red(well the text) - they just have a red circle with an x

Last edited:
Sorry, I somehow missed your sig... I'm just used to seeing it on the LH side of the screen, and not in the middle.
They do say error though and have a red circle with an x in it.
That's what I meant when I said "critical errors are in red".

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
Date: 4/25/2006
Time: 11:16:52 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: J-TUCC
Description:
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

the above arror happened sixteen times!!

Event Source: BROWSER
Event ID: 8009
Time: 7:14:18 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer that currently believes it is the master browser is SERVER.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 34 00 00 00 4...

that one only once

Event Source: NetBT
Event ID: 4321
Time: 7:14:18 PM
Description:
The name "WORKGROUP :1d" could not be registered on the Interface with IP address 192.168.1.104. The machine with the IP address 192.168.1.101 did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine.

Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 56 00 ......V.
0008: 00 00 00 00 e1 10 00 c0 ....á..À
0010: 01 01 00 00 01 00 00 c0 .......À
0018: 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

that one happened 5 times

Event Source: Dhcp
Event ID: 1002
Time: 6:59:33 PM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.101 for the Network Card with network address 0015F2432ABE has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

and that one twice

those were all system errors, my application errors were just an x-fire hang and an aim-shutdown(the shutdown of aim had nothing 2 do with the bsod's bc thats been happening for a while and the x-fire hung only once and it didnt give me a bsod)

Just got one, and i read the message(i unchecked auto-restart like MNO said)

the message said

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

so maybe it is a driver problem after all

but no error showed up in the event log.... why?

thanks I'll try those... and if you see this one more time before you go to work, what does AFA mean?(sry if thats a stupid question)

Back