• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GML3G0

I just bought an SLK3000B because I wanted a quieter system with more cooling. The SLK has so much cooling potential. I bought a few Delta WFB1212Ms for real cheap from Excess Solutions, so I'm wodering if I should ditch my XP-90 w/ noisy Panaflo M1A, and replace it with the Freezer 64 Pro, which will direct the hot air from th CPU to the rear fan and out of the case as seen in the thumbnail picture. With this cool just as well or better? It should make for better case temps, right? Is it worth it? Also, I should stick with my VF700, since an nV Silencer won't do much by exhausting the hot air out? Plus it looks flimsy. Thanks.

Isnt the XP-90 better than the freezer for cooling? If so you should stay with the XP-90 or upgrade to a Tuniq tower. Just have the read fan exahust and you should be fine.

As for the silencer vs zalman, they both will keep hot air in the case. As for cooling they are pretty close so either works..

CGR said:
Isnt the XP-90 better than the freezer for cooling? If so you should stay with the XP-90 or upgrade to a Tuniq tower. Just have the read fan exahust and you should be fine.

As for the silencer vs zalman, they both will keep hot air in the case. As for cooling they are pretty close so either works..
Well according to this it seems to beat the Zalman 9500 and AMD heatpipe, which is comparable to the XP-90. It even beats the XP-90C if you scroll down and look at both graphs.

How does the Silencer keep hot air in the case if air gets sucked in and split out though the PCI bracket. Plastic isn't a good thermal conductor...

I love my freezer pro. I have tried both setups. Pulling cool from the back through the heatsink and the I added a blow hole out the top... But I think exhausting it straight out the back works better.

The bottom fins are curved and the fan is opened designed so theoretically it pulls air off the ram passes it thorugh the heatsink and a small bit blows down on the mosfets with the bulk exhausting out the back.

Works great for me. But if you decided to case mod and develop a case where the mobo sits flat? The freezer pro does not work well in that position.

GML3G0 said:
Well according to this it seems to beat the Zalman 9500 and AMD heatpipe, which is comparable to the XP-90. It even beats the XP-90C if you scroll down and look at both graphs.

How does the Silencer keep hot air in the case if air gets sucked in and split out though the PCI bracket. Plastic isn't a good thermal conductor...

From what I know the silencer doesnt affect case temps, even though it is exhausting out the back.

A good idea but I beieve you will have better result with keeping XP-90. If you are going to upgrade the heatsink, try the Scythe Ninja Heatsink. You don't need to take off the XP-90 bracket. The Ninja can use the XP-90 bracket.

The nice thing about the xp90 is that it does blow air down (if you have the fan set that way) onto the mobo and provides some air movement around the caps and whatnot. The AC Freezer Pro is a great hsf though.

Back