• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zippy EPSL-6850P(G1) 850W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't believe it myself and wonder how much better it is above the 6701p.....Hopefully we can have a review out in 2 weeks.

The 1HP SS should be shipped Monday and we'll bench this PSU @ 5.6GHZ, with mad OCs on the x19000xtx....trying to scrounge another x19000xtx for a CF setup.

This one is an eval unit coming direct from Taiwan...

OK this is driving me NUTS.

I don't even need this powersupply nor will I ever but I want it.

I figure this PSU will last me as long as 12v is the current main power draw in PC's or till it dies.

How much??

I cannot find a price ANYWHERE.

Dibs... Oh wait this isn't the Classy's?

I've been itching to get ahold of one of those Zippy's. The CC needs to get down below $500 before I'll pull that trigger though.

The 45amp one was not even $300 so I assume the 60amp one isn't more then $400?

Why get a PC power cooling 1000 when you can get more power for less price???

Wow, that's like 2-2.5 times more than what an SLI system needs. I hope no one wastes their money on it unless they have some super 8-xeon board and 20 harddrives running SLI.

mantralord said:
Wow, that's like 2-2.5 times more than what an SLI system needs. I hope no one wastes their money on it unless they have some super 8-xeon board and 20 harddrives running SLI.

Yes because SLI and and a stock AMD processor are the only things people use.

What about the guys that want to buy a PSU that will last them 2 or 3 computers?

I call it planning ahead.

mantralord said:
Oh boy, someone is misinformed bigtime about Intel CPU current draw, then throw in X1900XTX Crossfire and you NEED an 850w unit. XTX Crossfire no doubt draws more current then SLI....

RangerXLT8 said:
Oh boy, someone is misinformed bigtime about Intel CPU current draw, then throw in X1900XTX Crossfire and you NEED an 850w unit. XTX Crossfire no doubt draws more current then SLI....
exactly, it's rediculous the amount of power they draw

Yes, because people definetly aren't currently doing it without 850W+ PSU's, right?

You people are grossly misinformed about power draw. Go read SPCR or something. Actually, no, don't. I can't wait until $1500 2kw PSU's hit the market and someone in the USA who barely draws 420w decides to buy one "just to be safe," only to later find out that the most they would even be able to draw out of it is 1.5kw (assuming like 90% efficiency), since the most you can draw from an outlet in the USA is 15A at 110v before the circuit breaker trips.

I'll email the factory and ask what the suggested retail price will be and when it will it be available in the states. Can't seem to find the 850w for sale anywhere and servercase.com, who is a zippy distributor doesn't even know it exists.

Back