• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ram divider help help help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.R.wes

Registered
:bang head O.K. got rid of the 478 3.2 and bought 920 presler and an ABIT NI8 GR BOARD AND G.SKILL MEM. WTF ARE THESE BIOS SETTINGS. I NEED HELP FROM THE OC VETS. I also recall ABIT boards voltage lower than bios states, is it still true? How do i choose my mem divider ie 1/1 - 5/4 ect. help.

the yelling is not needed. i havent touched a abit board for a long time till i got the lg-81. i didnt have any trouble understanding the bios setting for cpu or mem. posting what speed ram you have will be a great help. just a quick run down since i cant use the bios and type at the same time. depending on the speed of the cpu you will have different mem speed options. keeping you cpu at stock speeds (200mhz x4=800fsb). You should have mem options that say 400/533/667 <---this is what my board shows. 400=1:1/ 533=3:4/667=3:5.

I would ask you do run some tests with the cpu stock and @667mhz if your ram is rated to run that speed. As for me with my 530j at stock and using the 667(3:5) divider i have no memtest errors but windows starts bugging like mad. the only way to stop the errors in windows is to drop to the 3:4(533) divider or oc it back to 3.6ghz using a 4:5 i think for 300mhzx2=600mhz.

Last edited:
its pc 5400 667 ddr2 g skill. if i enter 400mz (1/1)right? cpuz show it at 2/1 and 667 doesnt show as 5/4 ect.

if you can post some SS of the bios options, starting to think they might be a bit different then my mobo's. you can have the pics hosted @ www.photobucket.com
also post some SS of the cpuz so i can see what your talking about. i ask cause if the cpu is running stock @800fsb then mem with the 400mhz option is 1:1 (200mhz4=800mhz).

Read the manual..

You can either have the ram set to a divider or have it set to run at a target clock. It seperates the Ram clock speed from the FSB.

You type it in 667 and no matter what your fsb is, your ram clock will be 666-668.

You also have to select user define to modify this stuff.

Its also under the Abit Uguru menu in the bios.

Noob... :rolleyes: Thats what yelling gets... ;)

Btw... the board doesn't run a regular divider because the ram clock can go async from the fsb... Ignore the divider setting in CPU-Z... ;)

I personally own and run this board... :D

Last edited:
ok hers the cpuz...I'm a little upset with new egg the ram was supposed to be pc5400 and its coming up 5300.

Don't worry about what CPU-Z says, it's just reading what's on the RAM ROM and sometimes that's incorrect. I once had PC3500 that CPU-Z said PC3200. Besides, PC5300 and PC5400 is basically the same thing anyway.

sorry it was late here are the screens.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Batboy you've helped me before. In my Abit bios cpu voltage set at 1.52 reads as 1.4 on abit guru. From what I've read i dont want to go higher than that on this 920. But when i boot it acts like it needs power could my ocz520 simply not have enough? This thing just doesn't want to oc

I was reading on the Abit forums that a lot of peolple are having trouble with this board. It's going back I ordered an Asus. :rolleyes:

Back