• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange shacking in 85 hertz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Point Blank

Registered
whenever i play or have my compouter running at 85 hertz, which is totally supported, i get this kind of shacking of the screen back and fourth, idk if this is a monitor problem or a vid card problem. what do u think? and how can i fix it?

yeah move your speakers away from the screen, or move your any fans (not pc wall plug) away from the screen. The magnetic fields created by the speakers and fan moters are disrupting the electron beam in your CRT.

Shacking = shaking? If so, I had a very similar issue with my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920 back when I lived in Columbus. The image was stable at 60 Hz, but anything higher and everything would wobble back-and-forth. I tried just about everything to resolve the problem, including moving away speakers, updating video and monitor drivers, using a different video card, trying a different power outlet, etc. Nothing worked.

Then, when I moved to Michigan and at the same time added a UPS, the problem disappeared. This leads me to believe that the problem was somehow related to electromagnetic interference from electrical lines in the walls behind my monitor (I never tried moving it to another location in the condo), or simply noisy power. If the obvious things don't fix your problem, try moving your rig to another location away from any walls in the house. If that doesn't work, you might want to see if a UPS fixes the problem.

i had the same prob with my Dell 17inch crt... in 60 hz no problems.... in 85 i noticed a little flickering on the top, and it only became worse when i was playing music because it was the subwoofer sitting 3 inches above my monitor that was the prob... got rid of it and its all good.

well i use headphones first of all, i fi do use speakers, i use my stereo and its on the other side of the room, nor is it on most of the time, the closest thing thats on is my modem but its not wireless, and excuse the ignorance but what do u mean by UPS, i also cant move my comp, no where else to put it. i just finished cleaning everything on my desk that was around my monitor off so im not sure, the waves behind the wall is a valid theory but i need to leave before i can do any testing. thx so much for the help.

huh well i just tried it quickly and the problems gone! my question is do cd's/dvd/screws give off somekind of waves, and if battery do if it was bout half a foot away would it affect it, cuz i had a controller there for the longest time so i think thats the prob, i also took off bout 100 cds away from my desk, along with a few on the top of the monitor and no more problem, thx guys!!!

Back