• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pro value?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brahmabull754

Registered
Hey,

I just bought the better part of a whole system, minus the video card (for now). My brother has an X800 Pro that he recently upgraded from that I plan to use basically until I feel like shelling out for an X1800 or something. It has an aftermarket HSF on it (ATi Silencer). Since I'm at work right now and eBay is blocked, I was wondering if someone would kindly offer some idea of what a used X800 Pro would be worth (you don't have to take the 'brother' factor into account; I'll take care of that part :p )

Personal Preferences.

When purchasing any video cards, I will only go to Comp USA. Its an upgrade issue we discuss before hand, if I do not like the card because of compatibility problems or Performance issues they will let me take the open box product and up grade to the alternate solution at no cost, and you get the full warranty, my BFG Ti4200 card has a lifetime warranty. Buying video cards at ebay is risky. Now if it were my brother than he could rma a defective card. Name brand and full warranty gets you the X800 for around $250 with rebate $50. A refub X800gto from New Egg goes for $150. With a Warranty. Only a very desperate noob would give up almost $125. for such a situation filled with uncertainty. Its a tradition that after a few upgrades older systems are given to local children who are both needy and willing to learn.....

There are older members here in the forums that engauge in the act of selling hardware to one another on the cheap, and at other trusted hardware sites, keep posting and get some action .....

I wouldn't concider buying an eBay card either, I just wanted to do some price comparison, but due to the firewall I couldn't. I think I'll be grabbing his X800 Pro for $75 in any case.

Back