• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 zs or audigy 4 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The cards use the same chipset. Some audigy 4's, at least the 'pro' models supposedly can have Cirrus Logic DAC's (CS4398- used in a couple EMU cards), but I don't know if they vanilla Audigy4 will have them. The Audigy4 is retail while the 2ZS is OEM which doesn't really matter much. It does have a firewire port which the A4 won't have, but the Audigy 4 drivers are generally more mature (I use modified a4 drivers on my 2zs). Honestly, you'd be better off spending the extra $ for an X-Fi Xtreme Music http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=290236 , but if you're set on one of these then the Audigy4 will be the better bet.

:sn:: IIRC the remote for the audigy4 is really only useful for Creative's Mediasource software which is pretty much pure %$#@.

Last edited:
If you don't need the Firewire then the A4 is certainly the better deal, but I agree with Grumperfish, for a few dollars more I'd rather have the X-fi.

Back