• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my abit max3, gainward 7800gs still not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
story of my life at the moment:(, gonna post it off to a mate to try, he has an abit ic7 max3 too, if he cant get it to work i guess it will be on ebay in a week or two, 300 pound down the drain :cry:

thing is my friend even if you got a differnt brand of 7800gs it still wont boot. For some odd reason some 7800gs's wont boot on some agp boards. i dont know why but i heard the evga forums were full of ****ed customers cause they spent $300+ for a card that doesnt work in there box from the get go.

sorry about your luck.

BLooD said:
whats really bizare is that i had an XFX 7800gs EE that did the same thing :confused:
yea cause of the problems i read about with some agp boards i think im just going to get a 7900gt and put it in my p4 rig. then sell of my dothan parts and 6800u with thermalstasis hs. eh cost the same for a better card plus i can use in conroe with they finally come out.

isnt it funny how the apg2.0 instead of 3.0 since it was the last agp released and this is after all a new card the just came to market not long ago. wtf were they thinking...o wait i bet they werent.

Drinkyoghurt said:
what where they thinking when they where reducing pipes from 24 to 16!!??
making you pay more for staying with agp... i mean just look at the price now of the 7800gs vs 7900gt... im just hell no.. ill put up with cpu in my p4 being the bottle neck the sink another $300 in to my dothan when i wont be able to use the GS in a conroe box i want to build.

Back