• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A 9700pro but I can't install it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tropicaldawn

I got a shiny new card off NewEgg for Rome:Total War.

It's an AGP, I got an AGP slot.

But ya know the thing at the end of the card where ya stick the monitor in? Well the place where that should be is like blockedc on my computer. :confused:

How do I unblock it?!!!!!!!

I want ROME!!!!

Someone please reply or I might try something myself, and break my computer!!!!... again.

how is it blocked? can you show a pic or something? to better understand what is going on....

I'll see if I can find batteries for the ol' camera.

On a completely unrelated note, does your PC really have 1100GB?!

Ok I was floppin thrfough ma mobo manual and found THIS:

"RFemove the bracket opposite the slot"

WHAM!

It's exactly what I want to do!!! But how?! :confused:

it might be screwed in or you just wiggle it out or sometimes you have to punch it out with like a screwdriver or something.

just unscrew these
PCI-Slots.JPG

just push these out with you fingers
ws_pci_slots.jpg

It appears that the screws have already been screwed!!

And it won't budge. Should I use more force?

^^^ what he said.

Have you ever installed a new card into your computer before? and will a 9700 run Rome total war that well? it is a pretty intense game i had heard.

it should just slide out toward you then. if not then it may be still attached to the case by a little bit a metal. then you will have to rock it back and forth till it breaks off. either way, these are made to come out, so i wouldn't worry too much.

Mr.Guvernment said:
^^^ what he said.

Have you ever installed a new card into your computer before? and will a 9700 run Rome total war that well? it is a pretty intense game i had heard.

my card runs it pretty good. i think the 9700 is on about the same level as mine.

Thanks ya'll!

And it'll definetly run it well. My friends FX5200 can cope with it no probs. :burn:

yeah if they are punch ones, i would use a screw driver and bend it up or done then wiggle it till it snaps off, newer ones tend to be fitted in and screwed, much easier and safer. as for the 1.1 tera, yeah thats my main, but my server i actually have another 200 gig and a raptor 74gig im gonna change out and have my main rig with only a 74gig and the 400, and the server with the rest..

Back