• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSP video converting software that supports SMP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I just first would like to say something about my decision to post this here instead of the game thread. I thought about it, and the gaming thread is focused on video games, and game software, where as I'm asking specifically about software for a PC. Even though it is directly related to a gaming system, I thought it would be more appropriate in here. I'm sorry if I made the wrong choice.

Since I got my dual Xeon system I decided I would convert some videos to PSP format so I can watch them on my psp. But when I installed PSP 9 I noticed it was only utilizing one processor, so now I'm trying to find software that will convert any video format to PSP MPEG 4 format that utilizes SMP, but I can't find any. I've found some that will do it, but they aren't free programs. I'm hoping there is a free piece of software out there for converting PSP videos that works with SPM, but I haven't found any yet. Does anyone know of any software that will do this? I prefer it to be freeware, but if it isn't too expensive, I may buy a recommended application, so even if you know of one that isn't free, please tell me about it.

Thanks!

grrrr...Well I tried out the free trials of the so called "Multi-threaded" applications and they are NOT using SMP....this is starting to get on my nerves. The only software I don't think I've tried is sony's converting software, and I don't even know if they have a free trial.

Back