• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80 CFM Delta Fan...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PeteyPete

Registered
I was contemplating whether i should put a 80cfm Delta Fan on my Alpha8045....i've read that they are 52 dba's, but i already have 6 case fans, 2 psu fans, the Northbridge fan, HSF, and a fan on the vid card i'm receiving (in transit). I also have a obtrusively loud air filter in my room, so any additional dba's won't bother me....

Are any of you hardcore OC'er using this fan? What temps are you getting? In all honesty, how loud is the sucker? What type of temp differences will i get upgrading from a 46.1 CFM fan?

What do ya guys think?

About getting an adapter and converting to 120 MM?

100CFM+ sounds good :) And if your not worried about sound get the Delta they have great turbulance which will help lots.

DO IT. Deltas rock...and whine, but their performance/size ratio is untouchable. The noise won't kill ya....I've got 4 50cfm sunons, a dual fan PSU, a blorb on my northbridge and geforce3 and the delta on my hsf....and an air cleaner near my computer for dust control....noise of it doesn't bother me one bit.

PeteyPete said:
I was contemplating whether i should put a 80cfm Delta Fan on my Alpha8045....i've read that they are 52 dba's, but i already have 6 case fans, 2 psu fans, the Northbridge fan, HSF, and a fan on the vid card i'm receiving (in transit). I also have a obtrusively loud air filter in my room, so any additional dba's won't bother me....

Are any of you hardcore OC'er using this fan? What temps are you getting? In all honesty, how loud is the sucker? What type of temp differences will i get upgrading from a 46.1 CFM fan?

What do ya guys think?

I havent seen a 80cfm delta fan but I've seen the 60mm 50cfm fan and the 80mm 68cfm fan and the 120mm 154cfm fan , which fan are you talking about will you post a link I would like to see this thing.

As far as the noise well I have one 60mm 38cfm fan and two 80mm 68cfm fans in my case right now. The case is very loud and cooled very well my NB stays right around ambient (room temp) and my cpu temps are under control nicely. I was getting better cpu temps with my previous setup I had a 136cfm Shade pole blower pushing directly onto my cpu but the dust was unbarable so until I come up with a good way to filter air with that setup I'm stuck with my hairdryer of a computer.

By the way I only had a 3°C increase in cpu temps with the delta fans verses the blower but the NB runs about 5°C cooler with the delta fans so its kind of a tuff call.

Two delta 80mm 68cfm intake fans very noisy
cpu [email protected] 49°C loaded
NB 145fsb 30°C loaded

136cfm blower very dusty
cpu [email protected] 46°C loaded
NB 145fsb 35°C loaded

delta has a couple of fans coming out soon taht are just as good and a much lower sound level. I think they are using only three blades on the fan and balancing those loud *******s.

PeteyPete said:
OMG, i had no idea how loud this ba5tard was...check this out

Like a 747/blowdryer

well I just got out of the shower - hair is nice and dry now!! and maybe Ferrari should get one of these for when he shaves his head again next time hehehe

Back