• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video editing software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elmo

I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get software that is capable of editing MPEGs and synchronizing them with sound.

Thanks.

I've got it, but it can only edit uncompressed AVIs. I need to be able to edit MPEGs.

I use TMPGenc and VirtualDub for editing (both freeware), and n-Track Studio for synchronizing (not too expensive $42 for the 'normal' version and $64 for the 24bit version).

oh I almost forgot, here's a link to n-Track Studio

Quote from Fasoft (n-Track):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Differences between full and evaluation versions

The evaluation version is fully usable. It has no limitations in the number or lenght of the tracks. However, from time to time a registration reminder dialog box will appear (but not during playback or recording) and some advanced features require the program to be registered: rendering (mixdown) to a single wave file is disabled; real-time effects work only on the first track; no more that 2 non-overlapping wave files can coexist in a single track
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try it I'm sure you'll love it (at least...I haven't found a better prog for synchronizing)

Back