• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Expert/TCCD Getting memtester86...Test 7 errors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apesoccer

It would take way too long to explain what i've tried...here's a web page with a list of every option i've tried, in as clear a manner as i could manage:

http://home.comcast.net/~apesoccer/oc/Expert_Dec05bios.htm

I'm able to overclock with the errors on Test 7...up to 255fsb on 11x with 1.55v. Which is great...but those errors worry me.

What you want is the TCCD OC tab (at the bottom of the screen). I have a line running up and down, marking where i've started trying to get rid of the errors on Test 7.

Thx for the help!!!

Here are a few good threads to read for help:
kakaroto's guide #1
kakaroto's guide #2
DFI NF4 stable settings thread

Way cool page w/ your testing, apesoccer!
My guesses to start would be to change these settings:
CPU VID Startup Value 1.325
CPU VID Control 1.325
CPU VID Special Control 110%
Dram Voltage Control 2.7
Refresh Period(tREF) 3072
DQS Skew Control Auto
DQS Skew Value Auto
DRAM Drive Strength Auto
DRAM Data Drive Strength Auto
Max Async Latency Auto
DRAM Response Time Auto
Read Preamble Time Auto
(all the auto's for the time until you see what you like)

I'd definitely play with the ram voltage and see what difference that makes. TCCD doesn't usually like too much. Btw, what are you reading in windows as your DRAM voltage?

Also, I've found test #8 in Memtest is the best.

A64 Tweaker is a great tool to play with timings in windows if you don't have it already. :)

Hope that helps!

Thx for the reply!

I'll look over those different pages, i've leafed through quite a few, but more information is always useful. I haven't tried lowering the voltage in a while, you might be right on with that. I've sat at 2.87v and 2.8v for so long... I'm away on buisness right now, so i won't be able to update it until perhaps next week =(.

depending on the TCCD chip manu date.............

anyway, i have two sets of TCCD (2x512, one set some Gskill pc4800 stuffs, the other Team Extreme PC4800), one set just loves lower voltages (Gskills), the other set workie better with a bit higher volts (Team), one set will do 314HTT (Team), the other 322HTT (Gskill) before they start to error.

the set that does the 322 runs it @2.7/2.8, the other set takes 2.8/2.9 to run the 314.

you may be pleasantly surprised when you lower the vdimm, wouldn't be the first time i have seen lower is better...

can' hurt to try.

baldy

I'll give her a try...I'm not going to have time to update this at work, so i'll probably have to take my stuff home with me...lol. =)

(I've been fooling with this at work...)

2.87v got me the best timings and bandwidth at stock speeds, but I'll definately try that out!

bldegle...
I took a minute and tried out lowering the voltage from 2.8 to 2.69. no errors now on test 7. lol. Hmm. That makes things a little more interesting...I'm gonna let it run through test 7 a few more times to be sure, but i'm going to throw some of the old settings back at it here in a bit (assuming all goes well).

Overclocker.IL
I'm a little leary of flashing to the venus bios...do you have links to where other people have already done that? Out on Dfi.forums they say not to do that. =/ <edit: they're talking about the dr boards not the expert/venus...so what i thought i read about not using venus on expert is incorrect, my fault>

bldegle
....20 min have gone by...I'm getting errors on test 7 again...I guess it just took a while to warm up or something...Retesting at 2.6v...

Last edited:
bldegle...

4 passes at 2.6v on Test 7...I know that these guys don't take voltage well...but jeez. =)

Back