• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

520 mod stream or 520 powerstream ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

from what i have read i want one of these two ( If im worng in this let me know)
i have read a bunch of articls on psu's but i want to hear back from ppl that have them likes dislikes .

i like the idea of the 120 mm fan on the modstream but does it make that much a diff ?

||Console|| said:
from what i have read i want one of these two ( If im worng in this let me know)
i have read a bunch of articls on psu's but i want to hear back from ppl that have them likes dislikes .

i like the idea of the 120 mm fan on the modstream but does it make that much a diff ?

I do not know what the difference between the two is, but I know that the Powerstream is supposedly a better product. As for cooling, the two 80mm fans in the powerstream do just fine for me. I have had no issues.

powerstream performs better than modstream. the only thing i like about modstream is modular cables.

why can't powerstream come with modular cables.

Go with the Powerstream. THe 12V line is only rated at 28Amps on the Modstream and 34 on the Powerstream.

The Powerstream is definately the way to go.
Just remember there are 2 different models of the powerstreams the standard (Green LED fan) and SLI ready (Blue LED Fan) if you plan on going SLI in the future I recommend you get that one.

Back