• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas on what I can do with 23 different LCD displays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Well I was checking out the cyber deals section here and I came across these two auctions on ebay for a lot of different size LCDs, being sold AS IS. Anyway, they are so cheap, that I am tempted to buy them just because I can, but I don't know what I would or could do with them. Could anyone throw suggestions my way? I would think that my options would be limited, because AFAIK LCD screens need a certain chip that is specific to that LCD screen before you can send it any type of image signals. I don't really know though to be honest. That's why I thought I would just ask for some suggestions :)

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/009B-MIX-LOT-OF...ryZ31569QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Set up fake windows in your house, making each panel a pane! That would be so bad! Have a pretty game (Crysis?) running on one and when your freinds came over they'd be like WTF's going on outside?! LOL

But you will need the stuff to make them work, maybe you can find it and a place like allelectronics.com for cheap.

damarble said:
Set up fake windows in your house, making each panel a pane! That would be so bad! Have a pretty game (Crysis?) running on one and when your freinds came over they'd be like WTF's going on outside?! LOL

lol :D That would be fricken hilarious!

But you will need the stuff to make them work, maybe you can find it and a place like allelectronics.com for cheap.

that's kind of what worries me. I'm not sure exactly what I would need to get them working.

I LOVE the window Idea thing though! I had thought about that before, but this may be my chance to actually do it!

Oh or even better, a camera outside hooked up to the fake window! Then it would be like a real window...only not. :beer:

soundfx4 said:
lol :Oh or even better, a camera outside hooked up to the fake window! Then it would be like a real window...only not. :beer:

wooow that sounds really amazing - or you could pull a pimp my ride and put them behingd a plexiglass window on your bed or something lol

IN THE BATHTUB!!!!

that would be sick, having a monitor under your bathtub - how you would see it, i dont know but cmon just to say hey i have a monitor under my bathtub what now

jmt391 said:
wooow that sounds really amazing - or you could pull a pimp my ride and put them behingd a plexiglass window on your bed or something lol

IN THE BATHTUB!!!!

that would be sick, having a monitor under your bathtub - how you would see it, i dont know but cmon just to say hey i have a monitor under my bathtub what now

haha, yeah.

Well, maybe I'll just buy them and worry about it later...hmmm

Aren't all those LCD panels going to need controllers, which aren't included in the auction?

could hook them all to gether and make an big a** monitor :D
but u would need controllers to get them to work

Nero said:
Aren't all those LCD panels going to need controllers, which aren't included in the auction?

EvilT said:
could hook them all to gether and make an big a** monitor :D
but u would need controllers to get them to work

That's one thing i've sort of mentioned in a post up above. I dont' fully understand how LCD screens work, but I do know that I need something specific to a certain type of LCD screen for the screen to be able to accept signals. But as far as what I can do about that, I don't really know :shrug:

...well never-mind, I thought I mentioned that in a post up above but I don't see it now... :eh?:

I'm sure that they don't include the controllers. They look like they were just pulled form laptops.... :-/

You'll need an LCD controller which will run you a considerable sum, but you CAN wire it to a serial port and write a program to display images, but that would require a lot of work and knowlege.

twoeyes said:
You'll need an LCD controller which will run you a considerable sum, but you CAN wire it to a serial port and write a program to display images, but that would require a lot of work and knowlege.

grr... I knew it. Oh well, maybe i'll buy them anyway. Well not these, as the auction is over now, but others will come.

Back