• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

metal mouse pad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

ok so I like to play WoW and some other games on my laptop in my living room on the floor while watching TV. Problem is mouse pad on carpet no work because it flexes and oves...so I gotta get a big hard cover book out..which is a hassle and it blocks my exhaust (yes it's on the right side, stupid design)....so I was thinking of one of those metal mouse pads that I could just stick on the carpet by itelf and it wouldn't flex or move....anyone use these and can say if that would be true? also any recommended ones?

You familiar with those tablets of papper? the ones with the cardboard back? yeah, take the back, flip over, use as mouse pad....

Now if you wana get more advanced... i suppose powdercoating a half inch steel plate would work too... if you get that to flex, please send me a PM, and ill get you in contact with some engeeniering folks i know.

But im moral opposed to buying a mousepad for an optical mouse... just lazzy i guess.

Sleepy_Steve said:
You familiar with those tablets of papper? the ones with the cardboard back? yeah, take the back, flip over, use as mouse pad....
Along the same vein a $1 recycled fiberboard clipboard makes a SUPERB mousepad.

Back