• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OvEr ClOcKiNg My RiG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robert74567

Registered
I built A new computer a few days ago and want to over clock it...please could some one help me out...? i am in the dark when it comes to overclocking...!

AMD Atholon 64 3700+
ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium
2-1GB PC 3200 (400 mhz)
EVGA 7900GT
Bad *** CPU fan/heatsink

PLZ HELP!!!!!

i want to clock it all

ya.
that was my first idea, but i couldnt find any thing with every thing in one...D: i geuse i will have to do it the hard way....lol

ty

thanks you...i will get reading :D....

P.S. i KnOw TyPiNg LiKe ThIs Is AnNoInG, bUt It GeTs PpL tO aNsWeR tO a PoSt..... :bang head

autolex84 said:
Not really, just irritates us so that we ignore you instead of responding.
I would have to agree. It is irritating, and often times my response - if i still feel like making one - suffer in both politeness and quality in situations like this. I know when im not feeling something its a lot more difficult to double check my own advice and such. /end_rant

Besides were here to help, dont cause our eyes pain please :p

Sleepy_Steve said:
I would have to agree. It is irritating, and often times my response - if i still feel like making one - suffer in both politeness and quality in situations like this. I know when im not feeling something its a lot more difficult to double check my own advice and such. /end_rant

Besides were here to help, dont cause our eyes pain please :p

I concur

robert74567 said:
I built A new computer a few days ago and want to over clock it...please could some one help me out...? i am in the dark when it comes to overclocking...!

AMD Atholon 64 3700+
ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium
2-1GB PC 3200 (400 mhz)
EVGA 7900GT
Bad *** CPU fan/heatsink

PLZ HELP!!!!!

i want to clock it all

First I recommend you learn how your system works (HT speed, RAM speed, and how they relate to each other). I'm sure it's on one of the stickies up ther.

Then after you know how they work, you will basically have to increase the HT in the BIOS, while keeping the RAM and HTT on spec.

Read the stickies :)

dan

just a note, what does " badass heatsink " mean, because i used to think my golden orb II was the s***, but a stock opty/x2 heatsink blows it out of the water

JOW! said:
just a note, what does " badass heatsink " mean, because i used to think my golden orb II was the s***, but a stock opty/x2 heatsink blows it out of the water
lol
have you read the stickies yet?

Back