• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just joined (don't know if i've done it right)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

Hi seti guys,

I'm a bit new to this i've just set up seti on my comp
have a few questions to ask

when I type my nickname must i type (overclockers.com) or something in brackets after that to idesntify myself a oc.com set member, I'm new and the setup procedure is very confusing, I think seti would be more popular if it had a good install program!!

in the user statistics bit in seti spy it doesn't say lennytiger or the group I'm folding for is oc.com how do I do that???

Lenny, Welcome to the team! I'm afraid I don't use that combination of software for my seti pharm but I'm sure one of the others will jump in here with some advice shortly. :)

Cy

I use SETI clc and SETIQ for my machines at work and at home. Works well for me so I have stuck with it. :)

Cy

Hi Lenny - welcome to the team. There are a lot of third party programs. What kind of computer setup do you have? The software you choose may depend a little on what kind of setup you have. Seti driver is another good utility you might want to check out here:
http://www.wakeassoc.com/setidriver/

When signing up you don't need to use brackets around your email address - it's not like folding. Just put your email in and use the password they assigned you when you first opened an account.

ok at the mo i'm on an 850 p3 laptop it runs cool though

sorry for my stupidity but where exactly do i go to open an acount?

I've been dealing with priorities lately (school/work), and with succes: I passed 2 exams lately. It wasn't going very well at the third trimester of last year, now I'm happy to be back in business.

That said, I'm very happy to announce I will get my new rig real soon. I'm planning for a athlonXP on an KT266A. At the moment only the MSI is available over here (netherlands), but I really hope ABIT will be here in time. On 23,24,25 november, the biggest yearly computermarket of the netherlands takes place, that's where I'm planning to get the parts. It's in a big hall in Utrecht.

Boy, this will be fun!

First burn it in properly, maybe then I get it watercooled and go for the limit...

Overclocking the search for A.I.
:mad: OC Seti Team :mad:

Enjoy crunching

Hey, WELCOME to the Team to crunch for. Get around to reading your Private Messages, and you may crunch a bit faster. I posted you some BIOS settings for the memory on your GA 7ZX (About a week ago now). If you are unsure PM me and I will walk you through.

Thanx very much 13oots2 i got your pm's...

Ok I requested Berkely to send my password but i have had no response as of yet... anyone know why?

I tried setting myself up with the screensaver client but it doesn't allow me to change it to oc.com...

This really bugging me now, have I just missed a link or something that i was supposed to use first??

When you start the Screensaver or the Command Line Client (for SETI@home) you are given two options:

1.-Start new account
2.-Registered user

Just click or type the first option. Afterward an email an username are asked. Just provide a valid e-mail address and an intersting nickname. CONGRATULATIONS you have joined SETI@home.

After you have downloaded your first WU, you can click here to enter the OC's SETI Team. There is a tag named "Join". Click it and you'll be sent to the Join Team page. There you need to enter your e-mail and your´password. If you don't know your password, there is a small tag below that send an e-mail to Berkeley where they automatically answer and return you your password.

Welcome to the Team.

Thanx, you got me there in the end!!

I signed up to the team and I'm now only using the screensaver client is this ok or should i use a different software combo??

Back