• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heard Of "Ring Of Fire" Try Burned Ring On Disc (360)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Check this out this is what my mates 360 did to his copy of Oblivion a week ago the game still plays. It's effecting loading times & 1 thing we do know is that sometimes it crashes when on a loading screen.

Poor picture I know but taking from my camera phone ignor the room's lamp reflection. And where the arrow is you can just see the circle burned into the disc. I mean this circle is perfect the system wasn't on a un-even surface it was on his floor (mind you his house does seem to be leaning towards the left recently).

Anyways this happend after playing the game for 3 hours during 1 random play. He told me about it and the machine was really hot I've now got him using a house fan aimed to the top of the machine to cool it down sort of works.

Will try and get a better pic.

Last edited:
that's not really a burn mark it looks like. Looks like a cut/gouge. I've gotten those on old CD-ROM drives.... and when if it happens once... it will happen again and again until the disk is eithe ruined... or it ruins his whole library of games.

Yeah there's an issue with disc scratches on some 360s.

First of all, NEVER EVER move the console around with a disc inside. Doesn't matter if it is turned on or off. NEVER do it. Second, make sure it's perfectly level(doesn't matter if it is horizontal or vertical. If the xbox360 is at a slight angle or is shaken/moved, the disc will crash into part of the lense assembly IIRC.

I have yet to experience any issues with discs(my 360 did die 2 times though hehe), but I could just be lucky.

Scratch, burn there all the same you say never leave a game inside the drive well that's what he was doing with Oblivion. I told him NOT! to when he had the PS2 drive tray version as I said when the drive stops spining. The disc settles onto the tray and sometimes hits the lens.

He reckons he should ring up about a replacement console I said unless it does it again then you should. But he's 1 of the those annoying people who wants everything to be perfect.

Yeah, this is common knowledge, don't move it while it's running. I had a 360, always left it flat, so there'd be no chance of getting a disk scratched.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Check this out this is what my mates 360 did to his copy of Oblivion a week ago the game still plays. It's effecting loading times & 1 thing we do know is that sometimes it crashes when on a loading screen.

Poor picture I know but taking from my camera phone ignor the room's lamp reflection. And where the arrow is you can just see the circle burned into the disc. I mean this circle is perfect the system wasn't on a un-even surface it was on his floor (mind you his house does seem to be leaning towards the left recently).

Anyways this happend after playing the game for 3 hours during 1 random play. He told me about it and the machine was really hot I've now got him using a house fan aimed to the top of the machine to cool it down sort of works.

Will try and get a better pic.

lol, you make a post about the disk, yet just mention that his house is starting to lean to the left in an off handed way.

rofl, I'd be more worried about the house:D

Back