• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VX2025WM Trouble with DVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djca

Hi I just got this monitor the other day. It looks great, and apparently there are no dead pixels. This is my first LCD monitor, and it would have been my first time to try out the DVI output of my video card.

My video card is a
Connect3D ATI Radeon X700 PRO 128MB on PCI Express.
My motherboard is an EPOX 9NPA with Athlon64 3000 processor.

1.) When the monitor is connected via VGA, it works fine. The resolution is set at 1680x1050.
2.) When the monitor is connected via DVI, it reports "No Signal".
3.) Even the POST screen on bootup is not displayed at bootup when the display is connected via DVI only. (Is this even normal? Are there cases when this happens but the DVI output displays when the OS starts to load?)
4.) When I connected the display's VGA input to the video card's DVI output through a DVI-D-Sub connector, it works fine. ---- (Does this mean that my video card's DVI output is OK, even if it was just used to output an analog signal?)

Now, I don't know which one between the display's DVI input or my video card's DVI output is faulty. But I've been reading a few posts complaining about the DVI input of this monitor.

I bought this display from Buy.com, and I might have to return it if it turns out that the DVI input is faulty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Since I didn't see you mention doing so, try making sure the monitor is using "digital" input.

pdehn said:
Since I didn't see you mention doing so, try making sure the monitor is using "digital" input.

I think the monitor autosenses which one of its inputs is connected. In any case, when the monitor is connected via DVI only, and it reports "No Signal", there is no way to bring up the OSD to select the input.

Any resolution to this? I've got the same error with my system (amd64 3000, EPOX 9npa ultra, viewsonic 2025wm, xfx7800gt).

i also attempted to select the digital signal, but when i select it, it defaults back to analog.

I had that issue with the 1912WB so all I did was connect the LCD to card via analog/ dvi adapter and I entered into the settings menu selecting dvi as the connection. Turn off lcd and connect via DVI and you should be good to go.

I now have the 2025 LCD due to a phenomenal price match mix up at BB, paid the equal of $210~ US w tax for it LOL

I just love the set, the 1912wb was nice but this LCD is really sweet

Back