• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEAR no longer will run in SLI mode.???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I've been using the 84.56 drivers in SLI mode and was getting 41/86/203 for framerates in the performance TEST.
I downloaded GRAW and heard that the XG 84.56 v2 drivers improve the framerates somewhat and so I gave them a try. Uninstall--reboot in safemode/run drivercleaner/reboot and install. I didn't notice any difference in GRAW so I tried them in FEAR and kept getting 29/42/60 for a score.!? I thought-wtf! I decided to enable the SLI GPU Load Balancing to see of SLI was working---IT's not---no green bar to be found. I reinstalled the driver---same thing. I tried my original 84.56's that worked fine before, but now they don't enable SLI in FEAR anymore. SLI mode works with BF2 though. :shrug:
I tried the FEAR profile and the Global settings profile---I have no SLI only with FEAR.????
I reinstalled the latest patch and don't want to reinstall the game AGAIN if I don't have to. Something always comes up and requires a format or reinstall. I'd like to finish this game someday. :bang head
Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: NEver mind. Simply disabling Vsync within FEAR brought back SLI function. :cool:

Last edited:
You can copy your saved games to a different folder and then reinstall it ....
Btw - Havent finished F.E.A.R yet ?! stop posting and go play ....

Back