• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

torrent help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

mm k, heres the deal. I just got broadband and am trying to learn how to use torrents, can anyone recommend me a good one. And also i am using BitComent, works alright but i cant seem to download faster than 21kbs on anything and it says im only uploading 8kbps.

By the way my connection is 800 up and 800 down

EDIT: found out where to limit my up and down speed, what should i limit them to for optimal speed. thx

thanx guys

Last edited:
You should probably try a BT site's support forum for this question. I like EDITED BY MODERATOR. If you need an invite, let me know and I'll send you one. The first thing you should do is get rid of BitComet and change to uTorrent. One of the things I like about uTorrent is that when you do the initial setup it has you run a speed test, then it will automatically configure everything for you if you want it to.

I'm about 95% sure that the problem you are experiencing is a connectability issue. Did you forward the port(s) that you will be using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Find the rated upload for your ISP service. Then devide by 8.
Once you got that. Set the upload to 90% of that.

If your rated for 384kB/S you can upload @ 48kB/S. Set it to under 40 and you should get nice speeds. If you intend to surf while seeding, you need to lower it even further. You might even be limited by your ISP for common P2P ports(6881-6889). Forward them to another range and you should get that Linux distro in no time. :D

Back