• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corruption recovery software...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

I'm fixing one of my friend's laptops and it has a pretty big corrupted NTFS partition that she needs some files off of. I've ran the basics like chkdsk and it doesn't help so I was trying to pull some of the files off of it with some software. I was using GetDataBack and it was working but it keeps crashing in XP. Soooooo.... I was wondering what you guys use? I know there is alot of software out there, but does any stand out?

R-Tools data recovery - worth every penny! screw the $200+ brand name programs, they are crap.

i have bought 2 big name programs, about $250 a pop (was for work) and they found nothing, then tried out the 2mb r-tools program for i think it was $60 and it got EVERYTHING back for me on a 80g HD.

i love how it is, or was, only 2mb in size when i got it, vs some 50mb+ for the other bloated useless stuff. or a entire cd.

Back