• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Series mobo problemsss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I had a watercooling system in my computer and was taking it out to put in a fan bc the resevior was leaking...anyways, My cpu fan switch was disabled, bc I did not have a fan on there and it would beep and stuff bc there was no fan there when i had the watercooling. Anyways, I turned it on, forgetting that it was disabled and seeing that the fan was not moving I quickly flipped the power supply off. I smelled some burning or something i think, but i am not sure and now it turns on and everything powers up, the fans and drives, but I do not get anything on the screen. There is a red light on bottom of the motherboard that is on the whole time, I do not know what this light is....It might suppose to be on all the time, but I am not sure....I really just need to know if my cpu is fried or my motherboard...I tried 2 video cards in it, so i am pretty sure that is not the problem...please give me some ideas, I took the cpu out and it looked fine, when a cpu is fried is there visible damage? thankyou very much for any help

Yes and there was a little discolored rim around the core, but it did not look anything like the other fried cpu pics taht I have seen online...

there is a black kind of stuff around the core, looks rubbery i suppose. Thats normal, but if theres scorch marks on the core then thats not good. I would say its the proc, not the mobo.

I would bet that it's not the proc but the m/b...
You can't fry a cpu in 2 secs......Once the fan stopped in my xp2400 and when it reached 85 C in BIOS it turned off... No harm done I reconnected the fan and everything worked OK....
Oh and shouldn't that be in the mobo section????

well i took it off, and i do not think that it is fried, but the drives and stuff power on, and they red light on the board is on...if the board was fried would that light come on?

The board could still be dead even with the light on and fans spin. Your only option is to bench test. Test each part with other working parts.

Back