• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #25

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 24th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!! :)

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Rpkole

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I think it was around June of 05

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
A few months back I borged 8 P4's at the college

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live in Athens Texas which is about 70 miles southeast of Dallas and about 40 miles southwest of Tyler

How did you initially hear about F@H?
To tell you the truth i really dont remember but i think it had somthing to do with me wanting to stress test my Dual Xeon rig

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
For the points and becasue my computers have nothing better to do

What do you do for a living?
well right now i am going to college full time and working in the shipping and receiving dept at SBI

What do you do for fun?
well i hunt , Fish casue i have a lake behind my house :p , and Game on the net. Other than that the only thing to do in this town is Drink

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
yea on the 1st and 3rd weekend of each month i go to dallas for 1st satruday and 3rd saturday to see if there are any parts i can use for a folding farm :p

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
well it was my Dual Xeon but right now i am in the middle of a upgrade so i dont have one that is why my stats have ben so low :bang head But for now i am using a AMD 2400+ M OCed to 2.4Ghz

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
Lets see i have 8 P4's@3ghz with a 1gb of mem at the college then i have 3 cele's with 512MB of me or grater @ 2.8, 2.4, and 2.2 then 5 AMD's with 512Mb of mem or grater @ 1-2000+, 2-2400+, 1-2500+, and 1-2600+ and also my laptop P-M@2ghz 1gb of mem. i may be ahve left one or two out :eh?:

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
well right now finsh College and get a real job

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
the only thing i can think of is every thing i know about computers was learned in the past 4 years and all becasue i wanted to have better FPS on a video game

As a side note, if you have any pics (in jpg format for the dial-suck users) of things like your hobbies, computer(s), yourself, etc.... that you want to add to the thread to give people more of an idea of who you are, then please let me know, and i'll give you my e-mail address so that you can send them to me, and I can post them with the interview when it is your turn.

let me see what i can find right now my main rig is down so let em swap around the HD's and i will get soem pic's to ya

Congrats Rpkole. My parents live just outside Nacogdoches and my Grandparents live close to Centerville. East Texas sure is a lot prettier than Oklahoma.

It's nice to meet you, Rpkole. :) I have a stepson that lives in the Dallas area myself. Be sure you study hard and get that degree now.

Nice to meet you Rpkloe!

foldon.gif

These spotlights are a nice insight into fellow folders, and I've noticed folders come from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. It continues to be fascinating to read about fellow team 32 folders. Nice to meet you Rpkole.

Glad to meet you some more rpkole :)

Ah, many fond memories of college days ...

Nice to be folding with you on T32 :thup:

:beer: :beer:

Great to meet you Rp! :D

:beer: ...my sentiments exactly, I live in a similarly small town as well. :beer:

thank yall it good to hear from all of yall

o and i picked up a 3.2Ghz P4 at the firstsaturday for free the guy was throwing it away cause it had like 60 bent pins and 8 broken off ones and as of now all the pins are up right and now i have to figure out a way to make new pins :mad:

great to learn more about you rpkole! These are great, I talk to rpk from time to time, but it's cool to learn a lot of stuff you'd normally not find out about.

FOLD ON rp and t32!!! :attn:

Rpkole said:
thank yall it good to hear from all of yall

o and i picked up a 3.2Ghz P4 at the firstsaturday for free the guy was throwing it away cause it had like 60 bent pins and 8 broken off ones and as of now all the pins are up right and now i have to figure out a way to make new pins :mad:

could yua not take thin wire as long as the other pins, but a tiny bead of solder on it, and touch it on there? As long as it stays in socket, i'd say it'll work, but once you pull it out... yer CPU is gonna get fried agian...

Back