• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Tool Overclock Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theseveneffect

Registered
I recently used ATI tool .25 Beta 14 to OC my x1900. I followed the instructions posted in one of the ATI tool forums, yet when I use ati tool, I get terrible 2.0 shader scores. I end up ocing my card to the max and not getting any increase in performance, sometimes my scores are even lower? whats going on?

What OS you running?

What speeds have you tried.. whats the voltage your running on the card.. Aftermarket cooler or stock.. Whats the temps of the card..

Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI, ATI X1900XTX, Seagate 250GB Sata, 2GB Corsair PC3200, Thermaltake BigWater, Ultra X-Connect 500W - Everything is running stock. Also, Im using windows xp.

deathman20 said:
What OS you running?

What speeds have you tried.. whats the voltage your running on the card.. Aftermarket cooler or stock.. Whats the temps of the card..

how do u check the voltage?

your not going to get a better score without overclocking your cpu, your already bottlenecking the card when its stock with a 2.4 chip...

leave the card stock then bump your system up to 2.8ghz see what scores you get, then bump the card to 690/800 and do it again.

then kill the ATI services and go past 690/800 using atitool....

Hey, thanks for all the good suggestions, I'll have to give them a shot. I DID change the voltage on the card from 1.175 to 1.300. I didnt think it would bottleneck right away like that, I'll work on the CPU next.

theseveneffect said:
Hey, thanks for all the good suggestions, I'll have to give them a shot. I DID change the voltage on the card from 1.175 to 1.300. I didnt think it would bottleneck right away like that, I'll work on the CPU next.

The X1900XT and X1900XTX along with the X1800XT and X1800XTPE cards have 2D and 3D voltages. What you just changed was the 2D voltage. 3D voltage if not mistaken starts at higher.

If the VGPU is the 2D voltage, should I then increase the MVDDC, MVDDQ or the VDDCI(additional core voltage on the x1900 boards) for the 3D voltage? I tried looking through some of the stickies on ATI tool with no luck...

Ya but only in the 3D mode voltage.

I gotta look at it when I get my card since the X1800XL doesn't have 2D and 3D voltage changes but there are many around here that have had cards that do and have all overcome the issue :)

Back