• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What on earth is wrong with this thing?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
This is one WEIRD problem... hope someone out there has a better idea here of what's wrong than I do.

On my 2nd rig, sometimes when I power it up it will give me 4 BIOS beeps and do absolutely nothing from there but run the case fans. I jostle the video card around a bit and then it's fine. It's not a big problem as long as I have the side off on this thing but I want to put it back on soon, and I don't want to have to take it off everytime the video card needs a bump. Could this be a mobo problem, video card problem, driver problem... or something else???

It sounds like you already got it figured out! 4 beeps means "no vide card detected" and since it works again after you jiggle it, it would seem that you need to find a way to more securely install the card. Perhaps also the slot it fits in may have a defect, but I bet you just need to screw the card down real tight.

Back