• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA step up question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beavismorpheus

To anyone thats done the evga step up program. Do you know if the RMA expiring while the package is in transit is going to cause my package to be rejected by evga?

My RMA expires on friday and i plan on shipping it tommorow. I hope it makes it there on time. I will do 2 day shipping. Does it even matter when it gets there as long as i ship it before the day the RMA expires? I could save quite a bit on shipping if it doesnt matter.

i emailed evga a couple times and they wouldnt give me a direct answer.

Don't worry cuz you should be fine. If you do have any problems with your step up then call me at 714-528-4500 ext. 142 or if you're out of state then call 888-881-3842 ext. 142.

ive applied for the evga set-up a month ago , I got an email like 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked me to send a copy of the bill so i did and i havent heard anything since. Is this normal or do i need to call someone?

PM me your email address and I can look you up from my home computer because I'm VPN'd to the server. Or you can even give me your first and last name.

spydeymon said:
ive applied for the evga set-up a month ago , I got an email like 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked me to send a copy of the bill so i did and i havent heard anything since. Is this normal or do i need to call someone?
you should have gotten an email within 24 hours or so as thats what happened with both my stepups

I got an email like 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked me to send a copy of the bill so i did and i havent heard anything since.

When I did mine I emailed a pdf of the bill to them and they approved everything in a day. You could also fax it to them.

They got the card on 5/11, i payed for the overnight shipping. Now it says theyre testing it. Its been 3 days and theyre still testing it and im freaking out! How long does this go on? I think im addicted to pwnage :eek:

beavismorpheus said:
They got the card on 5/11, i payed for the overnight shipping. Now it says theyre testing it. Its been 3 days and theyre still testing it and im freaking out! How long does this go on? I think im addicted to pwnage :eek:
LOL, calm down man. Have a drink or two :beer: . They probably got the card late on Thursday, 5/11, which means that it has only been one full business day! Nothing ever happens that fast. My guess is that your replacement will be sent out today or tomorrow. I think mine was in the testing phase for 2-3 days before they sent out the replacement.

beavismorpheus said:

I was thinking mine was taking a very long time too. But they actually sent my card out 2 days before I got the email saying they sent it. So its possible they have already shipped your card, but not updated the computer or sent you an email yet.

Marlon

snakeskinner said:
I was thinking mine was taking a very long time too. But they actually sent my card out 2 days before I got the email saying they sent it. So its possible they have already shipped your card, but not updated the computer or sent you an email yet.

Marlon

LOL!!!! It was actually shipped on friday and its "out for delivery" today! OMG AWESOME

beavismorpheus said:
I just got it a few minutes ago and coolbits auto overclocked it to

559/1568

I love it!
good luck, both my cards that I stepped up to have acted up on me, and won't even pass 3dmark 06:bang head , wish I kept my 7800's

Yeah, be careful with these cards as there have been a lot of problems. I ran my card at stock for 2 weeks without problems. I ran a Coolbits autodetect and it also returned clocks of ~550/1500; however, after gaming with these settings for 3 hours straight, I performed a reboot and the video signal was corrupted. :eek: I quickly lowered my clocks to just a tad above stock. Based on all the horror stories I have heard about the 7900 series cards, I don't want to push my luck and deal with another RMA.

We actually loop the cards for a little over 24 hours on 3dMark06 to burn the cards in.

The problem that is happening with the 7900 series cards is the voltage regulator. That's why most people can play with no problems for days or even sometimes weeks and then out of nowhere they get artifacting, tearing or even lock ups and reboots. It's an Nvidia issue that won't have a fix. In all honesty though, most of the of the issues that we have been recieving have been due to undervolted PSUs. The other guys having issues overclock too far and bust the voltage regulator.

*Note: For those that don't know.....if you have a dual 12v rail PSU, you don't add the rails together. Depending on what kind of PSU you have, 1 rail will power (just an example) the proc, the memory and the fans....and then the other rail will power the drives and video cards. A clearer explanation of this would be looking at how quad rail PSUs work: http://www.silverstone-usa.com/QA-POWER.htm.

I hope this helps most of you when you go out and look for a PSU for your 7900 series cards....

Last edited:
Back