• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finnal finnished my Vmem mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skeith

Well I finnished my Vmem mod on my Geforce 5200.
More ghetto heatsinks!!

The heatsinks are hot glued on, with some cheap silicon grease in between. I didnt realy want to use AS5 because I didnt want to short my ram chips. Besisde ram cant get THAT hot.... can it?

Anyway im still in the process of testing it so ill let you guys know how it turns out. Right now Vmem set to 2.8v.
By the way how high can I safely set it?

Heres some pics.
DCP02291.jpg
DCP02290.jpg
DCP02292.jpg
DCP02295.jpg
Dont the ghetto ramsinks look so beutiful with the ghetto GPU sink:p

HOT GLUE!?. :eek:.. What is this about AS5 shorting RAM?.. FYI They make Thermel tape for stuff like that and it works great...GOOD LUCK!

Yeah i know Im cheap though I dont want to spend money on a card that can barely run dungeon seige II. Im basicaly using this for experimenting puposes.
The hotglue just holds the sinks to the PCB ont he edges there is silicon paste in between the ram chip and the sink. I didnt want to use AS5 because I hav a feeling it would have leaked out onto the ram pins and shorted the chips. Im running it at 3.00v right now and it seems to be fine, no overheating and the sinks only get slightly warm. (ill know if it gets too hot when the hot glue melts lmao) so far Ive gottent he ram clock up to 500Mhz from its stock of 333Mhz. Fully Stable.

I'm not sure how well hotglue will hold up to heat. You might want to go the crazy glue route instead.

Back