• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY 6600 timeout probs...help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LMFRY

I recently got a PNY Verto 6600 256mb video card and installed it on my old Gateway.. IT has a 1.5Ghz P4 and 512 SDRAM (PC133). PROBLEM: Occasionaly when i boot up or start a game the monitor will time out and the pc becomes unresponsive to everything except to the ever fatal holding of the power button until it shuts down.
I have downloaded the latest Forceware for it and deleted my old Catalyst using it's uninstall tool so the drivers are updated with no confliction...
I think that it may be the old 150W Powersupply but i could be wrong..any help appreciated.:mad:

The minimum requirement for that card is a 300W power supply, so you would be correct. With the older CPU and all you may have gotten away with a 225W or 250W, but 150W is way off. Luckily you can get a 300W very cheap :)

-Rav

Back