• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to buy Conroe or Super D 805?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you just want a decent PC then i'd say get the 805d and get some watercooling. however a 920/930 is going to be much faster, and you can pick them up for not much more. conroe should blow them all out of the water, but you're going to have to wait. the low model conroes should be affordable according to everything we've heard.

wait on conroe, when it comes out that chip will be dirt cheap if you still want it. Even though it is a great chip

I agree with everyone else, unless you need a new CPU now, wait... things can only get better in the following months.

trust me, you will be glad you'd wait for this 2 months!! :attn:

i, myself, have being holding off anymore addition rigs/replacement rigs, and just wait for THE best!!

they have released prices for the CPU's and they are already affordable *if that information holds true*. Decent mobo's on the other hand are a diffent story (still dont know) but the 805D and PCIe overclocking mobo's aren't all that cheap in the first place.. Soooooo I'd say wait and get a conroe.

The conroe will still beat it, maybe the 805 can get close while the conroe is stock, but once the conroe gets OC too it should leave the 805 in the dust

Rickster said:
conroe is coming out in september according to the intel website
timeline.jpg

sorry......j/k........ :p

according to the latest roadmap, Woodcrest will be out next month, then Conroe in July, following by Merom in Aug. :cool:

You could buy almost everything, intended for Conroe, and buy an 805 to hold you over.

Then, when Conroe comes out, change CPU's / Mobos.

You'll have good memory / PS & vid.

If you're just gonna game & not be on 24/7, go 805.

LandShark said:
timeline.jpg

sorry......j/k........ :p

according to the latest roadmap, Woodcrest will be out next month, then Conroe in July, following by Merom in Aug. :cool:

kakakaka. well the intel website said the chips will be out 3rd Q

Back