• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone see this on Tom's Hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Meh. I do agree that the latest P4 chips are better performers than people give them credit for, but I have way too many issues with Tomshardware, even specifically with that article, to give it much credit.

I have way too many issues with Tomshardware

yeah I've heard from some that THG has had much demonstratable bias and questionability in test methods etc., although I've never really seen this first hand. Care to elaborate? Not trying to dispute you, just genuinely curious.

Tserrof said:
yeah I've heard from some that THG has had much demonstratable bias and questionability in test methods etc., although I've never really seen this first hand. Care to elaborate? Not trying to dispute you, just genuinely curious.

Where to begin, lol. Ummm, just off the top of my head, there's some things like using lower than standard speed RAM when benching AMD against intel, results that seem to contradict just about every other credible review site, using overclocked intel cpu's against stock AMD cpu's (even in standard reviews, not overclocking articles), and using multiple programs of the same type that tend to give an advantage to intel while significantly limiting programs that show AMD with a lead. Again, just off the top of my head, there are certainly many more examples that can be found.

Spoudazo said:
The article isn't, and the majority of people in the "gaming world" prefer AMD, for now.

the CONTENT was old, not the article itself. people have been discussing
805d's and their overclockability for some time now. few months or so.

also, it wasn't me who started the post, so saying gamers prefer AMD doesn't make any sense towards me .. but thanks for contributing

Epox4life said:
That is a HUGE review.

Yes, that's not too uncommon from Tom's Hardware.

I usually just browse than read the whole thing, lol :D

Spoudazo said:
Yes, that's not too uncommon from Tom's Hardware.

I usually just browse than read the whole thing, lol :D
Toms hardware rocks, i challenge anyone to show me where he makes a mistake.

Back