• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios 1013 Asus A8N-E *HELP PLS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

llChaosll

Sup yall, I currently purchased a A8N-E MB & a 3700. Everything was running fine until I flashed to the latest Bios which is 1013. I read what they said at the site to install the drivers etc & I did. I dont know what the problem is but when I turn my cpu on it hangs at start up right after it detects the hard drives & optical drives on my cpu. Only way I can bypass it & actually get windows started is if I leave my Asus Support CD it came with in the drive & let the Bios do what it has to do to have window run, but the thing is I would have to leave the CD in their 24/7 just to start my cpu & its bein a pain. I looked everywhere but havent had any luck. I was hopin someone here can help me. Thank you in advance I really appreciate it.

Flash it to 1013 again? I tried goin back to an older version but it doesnt let me. So Im assuming u mean to flash it to 1013 again?
I'll try that kater to see if it works thnx

Did you reset the CMOS first? If I remember correctly, with ASUS boards, if you take the CMOS battery out, it defaults to the factory installed BIOS.

I just got it back to 1010 which was the version I had but I still have the same problem. I dont know whats causing it, I might just try formatting my hard drive & start from scratch to see if that works.
Thnx 4 the help guys.

Your problem may not be solvable just by formatting the HDD. Why don't you take this step by step? First, disconnect all non essential components. Start with 1 CPU, 1 Video card and 1 stick of RAM in the appropriate slot. Now see if you can POST. The next step would be to connect a FDD and see if you can run memtest. After that sheck if Optical drives are detected. Finally, hook up the HDD. :)

S-N

Back