• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ati Saphire Radeon X850XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

Hey Guys im thinking of buying this card and ive managed to spot one on the web and it looks bloody brilliant. but i dont know a thing about gfx cards.

the card i want is the Ati Saphire Radeon X850XT. Will this card be able to handle such games as cod2 and BF2????

or is this card crap?

Its an excellent card but you might get a hold of a X1800GT for the same price SO it all depends on how much you are going to pay for it.
I see you are in the UK so the price of the X1800 might not be relevant to you.

i can get a X850XT for 145 GBP and i can get a X1800GTO for 155 GBP is the X1800 GTO better then the X850 XT?

the x850xt has 16 pixel pipes, 520 core, 540 mem
the x1800gto has 12 pixel pipes, 500 core, 500 mem

I would absolutely go with the 850. the extra 4 pipelines will give it much more potential.

Do a little checking, though. It may be possible to flash the bios on the gto, unlocking extra pipelines.

The X1800's have a new memory controller and a few other tweaks that give them a nice efficiency boost. The GTO at stock is probably around as fast as the X850, only it will have a lot more overclocking headroom, support for Pixel Shader 3.0, and have a chance of opening up 4 additional pipelines.

right guys i seriously dont know which one to get? the specs on the x850xt are better then them on the x1800gto. i dnt want to overclock any cards i get so without overclocking or tweaking any of my cards which one is better?

and will either of em handle games like bf2 and cod2 on high graphics???

or there is the xfx 7600 gt XXX edition

x850xt will run bf2 and cod2 very nicely at 1280x1024 and below. Just dont expect 1600x1200 out of this card. Very happy with the x850xt, but if the price is the same as an x1800; go with that.

right guys i decided to get the x1800 gto. but my fps is like only 70-115 on cod any way of improving this?

no becos i like to go onto jump servers and most require u to have 125 fps in order to make the jumps.

Back