Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Extreme Cooling
Extreme Cooling Below ambient cooling is extreme. The crazies discuss chillers, phase change, dry ice, & liquid nitrogen in here...
Forum Jump

The original heater for the Mach 1 prometia

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 07:22 AM Thread Starter   #1
Tomatwork

The original heater for the Mach 1 prometia

Good morning all.

Due to the incredible humidty and heat we here in Florida are suffering from I am starting to have to deal with a great deal more condensation then I would care to.

I am using the original Prometia Mach 1 unmodified and never had to use the little 7w heater that came with the system. I normally use neoprene and cut out a template for the backplate, then a template to put inside the hold down kit and another for the outer section. Sounds like overkill but so is water and your system

Ever with all that I still see water beads around the sticky seal string and on the back plate outside.

So for the first time I realize I am going to have to connect the little micro heater.

My problem however is JUST HOW DO YOU CONNECT IT?????? It appears to be a 2 prong plug that just does not connect to anything that my motherboard or power supply offers???? I have a PC&P 510AGL with SATA plugs, 6 phase plugs, 4 prong Molex plugs, and the micro Floppy connectors.

None of these match or mate with that Heater plug. So for those who have used the heater, how did you get it to connect??????
Tomatwork is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-11-06, 12:16 PM   #2
crimedog

the plug is into the prommy, not your computer. if you can't find it inside your prommy case (or it doesn't reach, or you dont want it to) it's just 12v so you can chop off that two-pin and replace it with a molex.

Old 05-11-06, 12:52 PM Thread Starter   #3
Tomatwork

Found an adapter at kit-tronics

Turns out the Mach 2 plugs into the unit itself, the mach one you either cut the wire or buy an adapter.

Got the adapter and some more seal string for 18 bucks, then had to pay fricking 18 bucks for shipping
Tomatwork is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Extreme Cooling
Extreme Cooling Below ambient cooling is extreme. The crazies discuss chillers, phase change, dry ice, & liquid nitrogen in here...