• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will it fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickds7

I have a question. I'm trying to get a much more quiet cooling system for my cpu. I have an annoying and very noisy for the cfm fan (Volcano 12).

First will the Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU Cooler fit in my case?
pict00708zc.jpg

There is about an inch of room from the top of that fan to the power supply. There is a very large copper heatsink on there already that came with the volcano 12. I would pefer the Zalman cnps9500 to point the right way and the exaust to go towards the back of the case.

Also if I already have a huge copper heatsink would it just be cheaper to buy a fan with equal cfm/db ratings and a speed controller? My motherboard can monitor fan speeds and temps but it can't controll fan speeds.

I would rather get rid of the volcano 12 altogether. It doesnt push very much air for how much noise it generates.

For it's price, it should come with a better fan. Buy a Tuniq tower or Ninja, and add whatever fan you want. They will perform just as well, and you'll save some $$.

I've decided that i'll get the big typhoon because its quiter than the zalman in actual tests and it has better peformance.

I think it would fit pretty well. Its narrow at the bottom which will provide a little more space for you to route those wires.

The Zalman comes with a small plastic rheostat speed control, so if the stock speed is too loud for you, you'll be able to dial it back a touch.

~ Gos

Back