• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake 4 hanging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

I've been having this problem where Quake 4 will hang after I leave the menu for saving my game or after loading a level. It won't go back to the game, it will just hang at the loading screen or the menu, but it's still playable in the background. You can walk around and shoot and things, but you can't see what you're doing because the screen it hangs at is covering the gameplay.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just a bug I'm experiancing and need to reinstall?

I get the same problem with natural selection which is a half life mod that i often play. It gets fixed when i restart it, but it happens once and awhile.

Well I reloaded the game entirely. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get the chance to play the game for an extensive period of time again.

Back