• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Freezes @ E3.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
® www.cad-comic.com

20060512.jpg

Last edited:
lol, well of course its gonna freeze a little, all day playing it and they propaly still havent worked out all the bugs

That guy looks totally confused of what just happened. Looks like hes trying to break the controller actually.

n0aH said:
lol, well of course its gonna freeze a little, all day playing it and they propaly still havent worked out all the bugs

I would assume that the machines on the floor would be slightly modified to be able to handle all of the continuous gameplay. I heard [I know some guys @ 360 support] the 360 was having the same problems when it shipped last year.

yeah this isn't going to stop anyone from buying it... but it is pretty sad. For $600 for a game console. i do expect it to run top notch... wait im not wasting my money on it till it comes down in price. roflmao

Kinda like when... uh windows 95? 98? i forget was being demo'd and they had a bluescreen... WOOO. never stopped people from buying it, but sure was a bump in the groin for credibility

boris_37 said:
Kinda like when... uh windows 95? 98? i forget was being demo'd and they had a bluescreen... WOOO. never stopped people from buying it, but sure was a bump in the groin for credibility

Lol, I've seen the video. I think he was demonstrating something in related to a printer, and 98 gave the blue screen. I'm pretty sure it was Bill Gates talking as well.

dan

Ok, so dozens upon dozens of PROTOTYPE systems are running beta games continuously for an entire day and you expect nothing to happen?

Wait, I am at OCforums right? A site where people are supposed to be knowledgable about hardware and electronics in general right? I don't understand why you guys are so suprised and feel like this is some horrible travesty.

Prodigious said:
Wait, I am at OCforums right? A site where people are supposed to be knowledgable about hardware and electronics in general right? I don't understand why you guys are so suprised and feel like this is some horrible travesty.

I just think that it's funny! I also think its dope how Nintendo picked some dude @ random, and he just picked up the Wiitroller and started playing Tennis onstage like he had played it before. + it didn't freeze!:burn:

Prodigious said:
Ok, so dozens upon dozens of PROTOTYPE systems are running beta games continuously for an entire day and you expect nothing to happen?

well, only 6 months untill the units are released to the public. that isn't a whole lot of time to fix bugs. Honestly...By now, they should have a 100% full working model that isn't a prototype. here soon, they will have to start making the the thing, to get ready to ship. That includes the console, Controllers, Memory cards, Cables...etc. So at the most, they only have 3 months to do any new work.

Also, what do you think people will do when they take this system home. play it for 2 hours, then quit to give the console a rest? i HIGHLY doubt it. There will be kids playing the console for 10 Hours straight.

Sure stuff fails. we all know that. But the fact is that they know that this console on release, its going to be played for 8+ hours non-stop. And they should build accordingly.

Krome said:
I just think that it's funny! I also think its dope how Nintendo picked some dude @ random, and he just picked up the Wiitroller and started playing Tennis onstage like he had played it before. + it didn't freeze!

Exactly. but to be fair, that specific system was only played for 15 min. But even so, we didn't hear about any Wii's crashing on the gamefloor.

but hey, we could be wrong. The crash might not have been due to the console, but the game that was being played. We all know how buggy games can be. And concidering these games still arn't fully done yet, it very well could have been the game that caused the crash. And if it is, what i said above still apply's.

Dan0512 said:
http://theinquirer.net/?article=31681

Does it make a difference? Guess some fans that got to try it out will probably have long faces after seeing that was their ¨ps3¨ experience.

dan

ROFL... considering they said none of the other games looked "quite" as good. thats awsome funny. go sony, back yourself in a corner again.

PS3 looks sweet, but it's just too much machine/price than most are willing to pay. Not saying it's bad, i love my PS2... but it's like dell saying you can only buy a $3000 computer, and nothing else to run your games because they don't offer anything else... :rolleyes:

They always create so much hype that they can't live upto it. Luckly for them a ton of hype that back fires in your face is still better than not enough hype.

Expect them to have egg on their face when the PS3 looks no better than the Xbox 1.5... errr 360 and expect tons of ignorant casual gamers to completely miss that fact and still spew the pre-release hype, just like the PS2.

Its a dangerous game they play, but it works.

ps I didn't really comment on the freezing because as Forest Gump said (you just stepped in ****), "It happens."

Prodigious said:

it's just funny to see something that's supposed to be amazing mess up.

1st generation, sure little bad things here and there. 2nd getting better. 3rd it should work correctly, even if it only a paltry $600 machine. :|

Thing that sucks about a product like this is people will take any chance they get to put it down. In all honestly though the system is not out for half of a year. So for it to crash only once while being played for this long of a time is pretty amazing I would say. After all it's still probably more stable then the normal computer rig and so far the only other next gen system had the same issue.

Back