• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The turbocache blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneff

Hi everone

I own a Nvidia 6200 TC but I used to own the none TC version till it cocked.
Iv noticed theres a huge difference in the overall ability of the 2 cards and from what I can tell its the turbocache causing it.

So I was wondering if any one here knew if and how to disable the TC on this card

Thanks
Sneff

Er - you cant 'disable' turbocache on the card. Turbocache cards have a tiny amount of onboard memory and usually using either 32-bit or 64-bit memory interface, making everything incredibly slow. If you had a non-turbocache card previously, in all likelyhood, it was a 128-bit memory version. Save yourself the bother, and get a GeForce 6600GT while they're cheap.

No need to rush for a 6600GT, they're not going anywhere :)

I've been able to run most games fine with my 6200TC, I overclocked it a lot though.

TC is to be avoided if performance is a major concern. Now, if video quality, s-video, etc., and low noise are important, you're okay.

I do such minimal gaming that I get away with it, but let me tell you the 8800GTX is all mine :p

cool thanks for the info

and ill definitly be looking to pick up 6600 or better when i can aforde one

Back