• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM T20 .. lots of probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

Ok, got it from the school, since i am in the hostpital, so heres what i did.

i installed windows xp, (had windows 2k) , modifeid the headsink so that it could use some as5 and cool a bit bettter.. (heres the prob) the fan.. its messed up..

i dont know were or how i can make it so that the fan is always on. its either always off or on for a few secs.

now.. i was just gona just have folding so it sits in the corner of my room, but if i cant get it cooler..

hm, have you tried replacing the physical fan ? - are there any fan errors when you boot up ? (last i checked fan error was 192 could be wrong tho)

smekta3 said:
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=17715 try that link, and mess with the temperature values and see if that helps.

From everything I've heard, that program only works with the T23, not the T20.

WJ, if you want a new HS/F, from a T22, let me know. It's a direct replacement for the T20 unit, but it is able to actually touch the CPU, unlike the T20 fan.

steve

i shaved the "legs" so that the hsf goes on the core, it runs at 60-70 celeus ..

i wonder if theres a faster p3,.. i got a 700mhz..

also if i replace the ram ( pc100 128mb) to 512mb pc133 for the notebook memory.. would that work?

Did you shave the legs evenly, does the HS sit flat on the CPU? The T22 HS has spring-loaded legs, so it will always sit evenly.

You can run an 800, with no problem, and possibly up to a 1000.

You can't run any more than 256 sticks of memory, for a total of 512 MB. It needs to be LOW DENSITY PC 100 memory, 133 won't work. 512 sticks won't work, either.

steve

WJ, if there is ANYTHING that I can do for you, let me know. I've got everything you'd need to completely rebuild your T20, you just ask! (I think I can offer you parts outside of Classifieds, since I'm not going to charge you.)(I just don't have any memory.)

steve

Back