• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOS help needed asap. onboard lan problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignaz

Ok i have a ASRock k8 upgradeble vm800. today when trying to use the internet its been super uber slow. at first i thought it was my router but when i used my laptop i had a 6mbs dl speed on the speed test when i used the same test and on the same server useing the same ethernet cord and port on my router with my pc i only got 92kbps download and a 294kbps upload. i looked over the mobo for damaged componets but couldent find any everything else is working fine also. i even tryed another harddrive with a fresh copy of windows loaded on it and still had the same slow speeds.

if the onboard lan is fryed "im posting on it now but its super slow" i was going to pick up a new mobo at the computer show on friday here. i was looking for at either a gigabyte or MSI or maybe Asus anyone got anything they recamend? its gotta be socket 754 and have a agp slot.

I'd stay away from MSI, and i guess there is no point in trying to get that lan fixed since your getting a new board anyway, right? Take a look at what Epox has to offer in that area, they have been making good Athlon 64 mobos, also what is the board for? Are you going to be overclocking? Or anything out of the ordinary?

Back